We all cannot deny the fact that this world is stuffed with pretty much weird and creepy stuff. Some of which sound too strange to be real and others that give us the creepy feeling when we know of such things.
Following are the strange and creepy facts you probably don’t don’t know to exist.
- A lit candle causes more than 15,000 houses each year.
Likelihood Of Dying
- The likelihood of dying from a dog attack is far less than the likelihood of dying from the exposure of excess natural heat.
Watch Too Much T.V?
- Watching tv for more than two hours a day can shorten your life expectancy by 1.4 years. If you watch tv for more than six hours daily, you would die five years earlier than you would naturally.
Aunts Of Mosquitoes
- Some butterflies are known to drink blood.
- More people are killed by a vending machine than by sharks.
- A blue whale tongue is the size of an elephant.
- The northern leopard frog swallows its prey using its eyes. It uses them to help push food down its throat by retracting them to its head.
Dance for Death
- The dance fever of 1518 was a month-long plague of inexplicable dancing in Strasbourg, in which hundreds of people danced for about a month for no apparent reason. Several of them danced themselves to death.
Go With Proper Study
- Tourists visiting Ireland should know that tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult!
Revolution Of Fashion
- Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. It was the fashion in Renaissance Florence to shave them of!
One of The First Universities
- Oxford University is older than the Aztec empire.
Just a sneeze?
- It’s apparently impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. If you could, the force of the sneeze would cause your eyes to pop out. It’s advice not to try after reading it.
Try not to fall Asleep
- Bathtubs kill about 340 people annually, in fact, Americans are 25 times more likely to drown in their own bathtub than to be killed by terrorist attacks.
Against the River
- An earthquake on December 16, 1811, caused the parts of the Mississippi River to flow back!
An Unfortunate Reason
- Every year, 600 people die just in the US alone after falling out of bed.
- The longest time between two twins being born is 87 days!
- If you sneeze hard enough, you can fracture a rib. But try to suppress a sneeze and you might rupture a blood vessel in your head r neck.
- A lightning bolt generated temperature five times hotter than those found on suns surface.
Icicles Reason For Death
- In Russia, falling icicles kills about 100 people every year.
Miracles Do Happen
- Vesa Vulovic survived a 33,330 feet drop out of an aeroplane after it fell apart in 1972. She hit the ground at terminal velocity ( the fastest you can possibly fall) and she is one several people to do so. Lucky them.
- Many shampoos, soap, hair dyes, and other cosmetic products contain carcinogenic substances that can cause cancer.
Hygiene With You
- London School of Hygiene Tropical Medicine found out 16 per cent of cell phones have poop on them! I hope mine isn’t one of the sixteen percents.
- In 1999, Harvard physicist Lene Hau was able to slow down light to 17 meters per second and 2001, was able to stop light completely.
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
- An octopus has three hearts. He must have a lot of love to give.
- A dentist invented the electric chair. Question arises… Why?
- There is a glacier called ” Blood Falls” in antartica that regularly pours out the red liquid, making it looks like the ice is bleading. (its actually, oxidized salt)
- A giraffe can clean its ear with 21 inches long tongue.
- When threatened, swans can be pretty aggressive. They have been known to capsize boats, attack humans on jet skis and strangle dogs to death.