Coronavirus is a group of viruses causing different diseases from common flue and cold to severe pneumonia and may cause death. It was first noticed in 2003 in china and is known by the name of SARS, later it was noticed in the middle east, Saudi Arabia in 2012 due to interaction with camels. Now at the end of 2019 Chinese city, Wuhan was badly affected. More than 30,000 cases of coronavirus have been reported in China and more than 800 have died in recent months which are more than previous waves of coronavirus. It was first diagnosed in people and their relatives who are eating seafood. it mainly spreads through the respiratory system. It affects those people, especially those who are amino compromise or patient of lungs and kidney, asthma, smokers, tuberculosis or any respiratory disease. World health organization has taken steps to aware people about coronavirus. WHO has created a website and continuously monitoring and advising people about it. More information and help can be found on the WHO website. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019.
A lot of patients have been monitored and primary symptoms usually shown in a coronavirus patient are
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath.
If any of the above-mentioned symptoms appear then must consult a doctor to prevent its further spread. Researchers have not found any cure for coronavirus and advise to take some preventing measures to avoid further loss. Some protective measures, which should be taken are
- Wash your hand regularly and properly with soap or alcohol-based rubs (sanitizers) for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a face mask and cover your face while you are sneeze or cough.
- Maintain social distance like 1-meter distance from other people.
- Avoid social gatherings and public places.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, eyes, or tongue with your contaminated hands because the virus may to your body.
- Reduce interaction with animals and pets.
- Avoid the usage of meat and seafood.
- Go for a medical checkup if you have even mild respiratory disorder.
- If you have traveled to China recently then you must consult a doctor.
- if you are interacting with persons who are from China or any place where it is reported.
- Isolate yourself in a proper closed place.
For virus diagnosis, these tests are performed
- Antibodies test